Small talk : how to develop your child's language skills from birth to age four
3 available of 5 items
- Infants -- Language.
- Interpersonal communication in infants.
- Language acquisition -- Parent participation.
- Parent and infant.
Other Authors: Blake, Tracey, author.
Description: ix, 326 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- "First published in the United Kingdom in 2013 as 'Small talk: simple ways to boost your child's speech and language development from birth' by Macmillan."
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Nicola's small talk technique
- What is language and how does it develop?
- The pre-babble phase (0-6 months)
- Weaning (from 4 months)
- The babble phase (6-12 months)
- Single-word phase (12-18 months)
- Combining words phase (18-24 months)
- Language expansion (24-36 months)
- Complete sentences (36-48 months)
- Common parental concerns.
LCCN: 2013037684Link to PAC