A star is born
Esther Blodgett (Janet Gaynor) is just another starry-eyed farm kid trying to break into the movies. Waitressing at a Hollywood party, she catches the eye of alcoholic star Norman Maine (Frederic March), is given a shot at stardom, and is caught up in the Hollywood glamour machine . She and her idol Norman marry; but as her star rises, his comes crashing down.
7 available of 10 items
Series: Selznick collection
- Actors -- Fiction.
- Fame -- Fiction.
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- Campbell, Alan, 1905-1963, screenwriter.
- Gaynor, Janet, actor.
- Image Entertainment (Firm), production company.
- Kino International Corporation, production company.
- Kino Lorber, Inc., film distributor.
- March, Fredric, 1897-1975, actor.
- Menjou, Adolphe, 1890-1963, actor.
- Parker, Dorothy, 1893-1967, screenwriter.
- Selznick International Pictures, production company.
- Selznick, David O., 1902-1965, film producer.
- Wellman, William A., 1896-1975, film director.
- 1 videodisc (111 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches.
- digital optical
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: PG.
- Title from container.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1937.
- Bonus features include original theatrical trailer, wardrobe test and image gallery.
- "Mastered in HD from an original nitrate 35mm Technicolor print, preserved by the George Eastman House Motion Picture Department" -- Container.
- Screenplay, Dorothy Parker, Alan Campbell, Robert Carson ; story, William A. Wellman, Robert Carson ; music, Max Steiner ; cinematography, W. HOward Greene ; editor, James E. Newcom.
- Janet Gaynor, Fredric March, Adolphe Menjou, May Robson, Andy Devine, Lionel Strander.
- DVD ; widescreen (1.33:1) presentation ; 2.0 monophonic.
- For private home use only.
- Academy Awards, 1938 : Best writing, Original story ; Honorary award for the color photography
Publisher or Distributor Number:
- DVD9 9266